Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Ministry Area: All areas of Children’s Ministry
Accountability: Senior Pastor
Time Requirement: Non-Exempt Salaried – 20-25 hours per week
Ministry Description: The Children’s Ministries Coordinator will be the leader and point of contact for all children’s ministries events and activities. This includes recruiting, training and engaging new volunteers, providing up-to-date and engaging resources for Sunday School teachers, Junior Church leaders and other volunteers, and providing a familiar face for parents and children serving as a consistent presence and connection to the church.
Mission: To advance the Children’s Ministries of TUMC to enable individuals to take the next step in growing their relationship with Christ.
- Exhibits a personal lifestyle and confession that demonstrates that Jesus is Lord in his/her life.
- Has a proven record of working well with others which would translate to working effectively within the organizational structure of TUMC.
- Believes in the Mission and Vision of TUMC as communicated by the Pastor and the Church Council.
- Significant work experience with Children’s programs required with church program experience preferred.
- Demonstrate qualities of Servant Leadership to include:
- Excellent and creative communication.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Helping and working with others.
- Discernment in decision making.
- Organized and meets deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work with ministry leaders and teams to develop and communicate ministry goals and programs.
- Proven record of working well with and for others.
- Is a self-started and able to work independently while completing tasks on time.
- Experience with office technology
- CPR training and back-ground check will be a condition of employment.
- TUMC Staff Meetings, Education Committee Meetings and Church Council meetings as requested.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee if frequently required to stand, move t and about, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Scheduling and supervision of Nursery, Toddler and Pre-school care on Sunday.
- Recruiting and training volunteers for children’s Sunday School Classes.
- Recruiting and training volunteers for Children’s Church
- Selecting cohesive curricula for all children’s programs.
- Planning and executing successful events for children and their families:
- Vacation Bible School, Church Camp, Trunk-or-Treat, Back-to-School Bash, Birthday Party for Jesus and Easter Egg Hunt.
- Off-site fun activities such as cook-outs and trips o ballgames, theme parks and the zoo.
- Developing a program for preparing and transitioning 4th and 5th graders to youth programs.
- Serving all children’s ministries to include teaching as needed.
- Implementing Safe Sanctuary policies for all children’s programs.
- Other responsibilities which may be added as the position develops.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.